They say that listening is the new reading. My friend’s tweet from this morning illustrates this growing trend:
I’m an avid podcast listener, and many of my friends are as well. I listen to podcasts while I drive, sometimes while I run, and often when I am doing busy work around the house.
The Edison Institute did a survey of 1200 Americans about podcasting and determined:
- Young people are listening to podcasts: 85% of podcast listeners are under 55.
- The fastest growing demographic is among people aged 29-54, with 29% year-over-year growth in listenership.
- Educated. 85% of podcast listeners have at least college education.
This week our podcast at White Fields Church added a few updates:
- You can now listen to us on both Apple Podcasts and Spotify
- In addition to our weekly sermons, we are now uploading a weekly conversation between me and Mike in which we dig further into some of the practical and theological issues related to Sunday’s message. (We post videos of these discussions on YouTube here).
Check out the latest episode in the player below (email subscribers click here). In this episode, Mike and I talk about whether babies go to heaven, if there is an “age of accountability” and if God judges people during this life, or withholds it until the “final judgment.”