On this last day of 2021, it’s nice to stop and reflect on the past year. While many tragedies took place over the course of our last trip around the sun, there is much to celebrate and reason to give thanks for God’s faithfulness.
Rebranding & a Podcast
This year, prompted by my friends at the Goodlion Podcast Network, this blog was rebranded from The Longmont Pastor to Theology for the People. Along with that came the introduction of the Theology for the People podcast.
Readership of this site grew this year by 130% to over 100,000 page views.
Top 10 Articles from 2021
- Remembering Tom Stipe
- On December 30, 2020 – my pastor, Tom Stipe passed away. He is sorely missed, but he left behind a legacy which will bear fruit for generations to come, particularly here on the Front Range of Colorado.
- Will God Remove the Holy Spirit from a Person Because of Disobedience?
- Reader Questions: Why Was Eli Judged for the Sins of His Sons?
- Did Jesus Heal a Centurion’s Same-Sex Partner?
- Was Jesus Racist? Why Did He Call a Gentile Woman a Dog?
- Why Did Jesus Say that “No One Has Ascended Into Heaven?” Did He Forget About Elijah?
- Reformation Day: Martin Luther, the Bible, & the Gospel
- Kay Smith & Should a Church Have a “Women’s Ministry”?
- Kay Smith, the wife of Pastor Chuck Smith (the leader of the Calvary Chapel movement) passed away this year. She left behind an incredible legacy.
- What Does It Mean to be “Born Again”?
- Bible Translations: Translation Philosophy, Textual Criticism, & Source Documents
Top 5 Podcast episodes from 2021
For this first season of the Theology for the People podcast, I published 35 episodes. Here are the top 5:
- Theological Method: Sources of Theology and Why People Arrive at Different Conclusions About Matters of Faith and the Bible
- The Formation of the New Testament Canon: Part 1 – Nicaea, Constantine, & Conspiracy Theories
- The Formation of the New Testament Canon: Part 2 – Recognition, Disputes & the Gospel of Thomas
- If “It’s All Gonna Burn” Then What’s the Point? – How the Resurrection Gives Meaning to Work & Art
- Biblical Interpretation with Dr. Roy Collins: Guidelines for Correctly Understanding & Faithfully Applying God’s Word
What to look forward to in 2022
- I will be publishing a book in the first quarter of 2022! It’s called I Could Never Believe in a God Who ______. More information to come soon!
- Season 2 of the Theology for the People podcast